Meet Monique - Founder of Cite Legal
Monique has over 17 years’ experience in dispute resolution and regulatory compliance. She is renowned for her strong knowledge of the law, her clear thinking and practical solutions.
In addition to working in Australia’s leading law firms, Monique has worked in Beijing representing Chinese and foreign clients with respect to domestic and international disputes and compliance issues. This experience led Monique to develop a risk management practice, deploying the benefit of hindsight, aimed at avoiding disputes or compliance failures from eventuating and if they do eventuate, using an early interventionist approach and mediation to reach a solution.
This experience also led to Monique developing a cross-border regulatory compliance practice covering anti-bribery and corruption and anti-money laundering, supply chain risk and modern slavery, export controls, anti-dumping regimes and whistle-blower protections.
- Listed in 2022, Doyle's Guide Leading Arbitration Lawyers
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration
- Arbitration Victoria, Panel Arbitrator
- Member of the Victorian State Committee for the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration
- Runner-up ‘Special Counsel of the Year’, Women in Law Awards, 2017
Cite Legal is structured to deliver legal services directly to clients or to do so working with a range of consultants, contractors and other law firms. Our services are always delivered in accordance with the following values:
- We are lawyers with professional obligations, in particular, the duty to act in the best interests of our clients
- The highest quality legal solutions provided in the most efficient and accessible manner
- We value the community and aim to contribute to its development, including by contributing to law reform, legal education and access to justice
- We are recognised leaders and high performers in legal service delivery for commercial disputes, arbitration, compliance risk management and cross-border investment.
- We apply insight and technical expertise to identify your risks and solutions.
- We are entirely client focused. We adapt our approach to client needs and other integers such as the level of risk and the other parties involved. We apply insight and technical expertise to identify your risks and solutions.
- We work with clients on secondment or on a contract basis with other law firms.
One of the best lawyers I have worked with.”
The smartest lawyer I know at the firm.
Monique has rich experience in dealing with sino-western legal disputes and a deep understanding of cultural issues arising out of these disputes. She communicates well with Chinese clients and is cognisant of the cultural logic behind the special communication skills. She is “authoritative” as lead counsel in cross-border disputes in relation to China, and increasingly seen as a heavyweight disputes lawyer but also very commercial with clients.