Cite Legal is structured to deliver legal services directly to clients or to do so working with a range of consultants, contractors and other law firms. Our services are always delivered in accordance with the following values:
- We are lawyers with professional obligations, in particular, the duty to act in the best interests of our clients
- The highest quality legal solutions provided in the most efficient and accessible manner
- We value the community and aim to contribute to its development, including by contributing to law reform, legal education and access to justice
Meet Monique Carroll - Founder of Cite Legal
After more than 12 years at Australia’s leading law firms where clients have consistently praised Monique’s technical skills, commercial insight and practical solutions, Monique established Cite Legal.
Monique is a top tier dispute resolution and regulatory risk lawyer who deploys legal advice in a practical and insightful manner.
In 2012 and 2013, Monique worked in Beijing representing Chinese and foreign clients with respect to domestic and international disputes and compliance issues. This experience led Monique to develop a risk management practice, deploying the benefit of hindsight, aimed at avoiding disputes or compliance failures from eventuating and if they do eventuate, using an early interventionist approach and mediation to reach a solution.
This experience also led to Monique developing a cross-border regulatory compliance practice covering anti-bribery and corruption and anti-money laundering, supply chain risk and modern slavery, export controls, anti-dumping regimes and whistle-blower protections.
- Fellow of the Charted Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration
- Member of the Victorian State Committee for the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration
- Runner-up ‘Special Counsel of the Year’, Women in Law Awards, 2017
One of the best lawyers I have worked with.”
The smartest lawyer I know at the firm.
Monique has rich experience in dealing with sino-western legal disputes and a deep understanding of cultural issues arising out of these disputes. She communicates well with Chinese clients and is cognisant of the cultural logic behind the special communication skills. She is “authoritative” as lead counsel in cross-border disputes in relation to China, and increasingly seen as a heavyweight disputes lawyer but also very commercial with clients.